© By Aine Belton
If you weren’t aware, this Friday’s date is 11/11/11!
It is viewed as an auspicious date for many because of its numerological significance.
Many people are honouring this day in different ways, some with gatherings and ceremonies, and in particular, with meditations at 11:11 am and/or 1:11 or 11:11 pm.
This in itself creates a pool of collective energy and stream of consciousness, in addition to the energies occuring on this day, which can be added to with your love and positive intentions for a brighter world for yourself and the planet.
For this reason you might want to put some time aside for meditation this Friday, where you can be still and connect to the energies, allowing that which is in your highest to occur.
We are rarely conscious of what is going on in the grander scheme of the cosmos and the divine plan, either for our personal souls or humanity at large. Having humility and openness to transitions and the universal dance that may be occurring on other levels can be valuable.
Two years ago there was another 11/11/11 (11th Nov. 2009 – the 2009 adding up to 11). On this date I experienced a vision in meditation very tangibly and a portal of energy opening. I was in Bimini at the time, and without sharing the specifics of the vision, the summary of what I was guided to work with was “balancing masculine and feminine polarities”.
What is interesting is, just before writing this post I researched the numerological meaning of 11. I usually prefer to just tune into the energies, but I was intrigued by some of what I read:
“The 11 carries a vibrational frequency of balance. It represents male & female equality. It contains sun and moon both – while holding them both separate.”
This very much fits with my experience on 11/11/2009. I read this at the webpage below that looks at the spiritual significance of the number 11 with additional insights:
I quite resonated with the words here, but do your own research and explorations, of course.
What is quite remarkable is that during this time in Bimini, a wonderful lady where I was staying, who had recently begun painting visions, was inspired to paint a half sun, half moon face at the time of this 11-11-2009, which so marries with the words above: “It contains sun and moon both”/masculine and feminine energies.
I took a photo of this painting at the time which I share below:
I like to think of this day as a portal for greater love, harmony, union, and loving manifestations.
Tomorrow’s 11/11/11 can be about so much more than any linear definitions, and certainly anything I’ve shared here, of course.
I would suggest not getting caught up in interpretations and more allow the energies of the day to be experienced by putting some time aside for quiet and meditation.
There can be layers and levels at times like this beyond conscious awareness and explanations.
I’ve outlined a meditation further below as an example you might wish to explore if you feel so called. Please note: this is simply a suggestion – only follow it if it resonates.
You may have a preferred or particular meditation practise that you enjoy or wish to do. You might also just wish to sit in quiet and stillness, open to the presence of the moment, and then seed some intentions.
Alternatively, if you want a guided meditation to do on this day that you can listen to, you can do the “World Healing Meditation”, which is a love meditation for seeding highest wishes and intentions for yourself/others/the world.
This is available as a streamed audio recording at: www.WorldHealingMeditation.com
Below is just an example meditation you might like to use to create the space for integrating the energies on 11/11/11, and seeding positive dreams and intentions.
Before doing the meditation below, take some time to write down your goals and wishes. Relax, clear your mind, connect to your heart, and write down positive intentions and dreams that you are working on, and positive wishes for yourself and the world.
Note: you will be aiming to recall these in the meditation so if the list is very long, that’s fine but you may just not remember them all!
1. Ensure you are in a place where you will not be disturbed and can fully relax (and turn off your phone, etc.).
Close your eyes and allow yourself to relax and come-at-ease. Take a few deep breaths as you release any tension and anxiety and settle into a peaceful calm state.
2. Ground yourself by sensing the weight of your body on the cushion, floor or chair, and connecting to the core of the earth by imagining a line of energy/light descending from the base of your spine to the centre of the earth.
3. Set your intention for the meditation by asking to receive “the highest, purest and finest frequencies of love and light that are appropriate for me to receive at this time”, or “that which is appropriate for me to receive at this time”, or whatever words feel right and true to you.
4. Imagine a ball or point of bright light 1-3 feet above your head. Allow this light to become brighter and more radiant. Sense the love and beauty that permeates every particle of this divine light.
5. Visualize a ray of light descending from this dazzling sphere of loving light, flowing into you through the crown of your head.
6. Imagine this beautiful light continuing to flow down through your body, as well as down your arms and legs, bathing your entire being in a beautiful celestial light.
7. Imagine this light continuing to flow down into the earth beneath you, through your feet as well as down through the imaginary cord descending out of the base of your spine that you visualised earlier, all the way to the centre of the earth.
8. Sense this light continuing to gently flow from above you, through you, and down into the earth beneath you like a stream of loving healing light. You might also imagine this light spilling out of your heart and/or out of the top of your head into your surrounding energy field and reality.
9. Now and ask to receive that which is appropriate for you at this time and the positive energies that are occurring on this 11/11/11 day. Be open to allow any subtle shifts that want to occur.
Ask to receive that which is in your highest and in accordance with divine will and all that is good and true.
Spend some time to just be still and quiet, allowing yourself to be imbued and receive that which wants to be given from the universe, the earth, celestial realms, your higher self, guides and spiritual allies, whether you are consciously aware of their presence or not.
11. Next, seed your wishes and intentions.
Having written them down initially for clarity as suggested you do before beginning this meditation, you can now recall these dreams and goals during the meditation, feeling your positive desire and choice for each one, and adding your love, vision and enthusiasm, perhaps visualising their positive outcome in your world and sensing this emotionally.
Relish in this positive experience as you dream your dreams with the high beautiful energies you have been receiving.
12. At the end of the meditation imagine any light flowing through you to gently diminish, so the stream becomes more of a trickle or line of light, as you focus again on your grounding and the weight of your body against the chair or cushion. Take a few deep breaths, affirm your desire to be fully awake and alert, and open your eyes.
You might want to have a glass of water to help to ground further, and write down any experiences or insights that came during the meditation.