A Harvesting Ritual to Celebrate and Release 2012,
Raise your Energy and Elevate 2013!
By Aine Belton
Before you skip, dive, dance, or tippy toe into a brand New year, don’t be so quick to turn your back on 2012 without an honouree farewell; a taking stock, gathering of gifts, and owning of the magic moments, love, growth, blessings, learning, healing, strengths, accomplishments, and more.
This ‘Closing Ceremony’ also includes forgiving, accepting and letting go of painful or constricting experiences, patterns, or pitfalls, which can also hold gifts, whether you are aware of them presently or not.
In all life areas there will be jewels to harvest, hone, learn from, build on and more fully allow in through acknowledgement, appreciation and gratitude from 2012, and at different levels – physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually.
The below questions will help you pluck and polish the gems of 2012!
You may want to copy and paste the questions into a word document and allow space between each so you can fully respond in writing.
Firstly, is there anything icky or heavy you want to get off your chest from 2012 before entering 2013?
Any anger, pain, sorrow, resentment, regret, hurt, confusion, judgment, blame, pity or otherwise? If you feel it will serve you, allow yourself to feel these feelings, have a last rant, winge, vent to get them off your chest once and for all. You may want to write them down and burn the paper, or express them in whatever way helps you release them most effectively (and cleanly, i.e. without dumping them on another!). Alternatively, you may just like to ditch them a choice of letting go.
Now take a deep breath and let out a relieving sigh, *aaaaaah*. There we go. End of those stories, and on with…
To extract the juice from 2012, answer the questions below:
* What dreams came true in 2012?
* How did your love of self, life and others, show up in 2012 – in your relationships, work, and life in general?
* What personal strengths did you discover, apply, stretch or develop?
* What served as a catalyst for your growth and transformation that you can now be grateful for, even if challenging or painful at the time?
* What new skills, insights and wisdom did you acquire in 2012?
* What can you forgive yourself for in 2012?
* What and who else can you forgive and let go of from 2012?
* What achievements and accomplishments can you congratulate yourself for?
* What blessings and grace-filled synchronicities stand?
* What beautiful lessons did you learn in 2012? (I’m not too fond of the word ‘lessons’, but I trust you know what I mean here).
* List some of 2012’s magic moments!
* What do you feel were any ‘weak’ areas or traits that you would like to enhance in 2013 (relationships, fun, finances, self-love, business, freedom, leisure, work, commitment, forgiveness, expressing your truth, acting on opportunity, etc.)?
* What and who are you grateful for this 2012, and why? (You may also want to make a phone call or send a thank you card, email or text to someone to express that thanks).
* What or who can you let go of from 2012? (This can include a pattern, grievance, person, belief, resentment, attitude, emotion, attribute, behaviour, story, situation, judgment (against self or other), habit, etc.).
* Where did you courageously step outside of your comfort zone in 2012?
* What new people did you meet in 2012 that your heart is grateful for?
* What did you absolutely LOVE that happened in 2012?
Answers to some of these questions may overlap. You don’t have to answer them all – feel free to focus on those that most resonate, though I recommend answering the forgiveness and gratitude questions to enhance the letting go of constricting energy, and allowing in more of the positive, and using the energy of gratitude to call in and expand on the beautiful things that happened for 2013.
When you have answered the questions, read the answers back, honouring each by getting in touch with the feelings (of love, gratitude, appreciation, joy, acknowledgment, enthusiasm, self-respect, forgiveness, acceptance, letting go, etc.).
Reap and allow in the wonders of 2012!
Congratulate yourself for this year gone by and the gifts garnered. Allow yourself to feel the joy, gratitude, accomplishment, and celebration.
Feel grateful for all that you have, and all that you are, for your desire to make a difference, and your beautiful heart.