Something you’ve probably heard numerous times is that there is nothing outside of yourself that defines or has power over you or your experience. What you may not have heard is that this includes your purpose. Your purpose is YOU. There is no easier way to say it. It is not something you seek, chase, define, or discover, it just is. And it is you.

We are all given incredible opportunities to explore human experience through this thing we call life, and as we do, we learn and grow. We expand our knowledge in so many ways, each of us a unique snowflake in the blizzard of humanity. We are aspects of Oneness on adventures that contribute to a greater knowing for all.

When it’s viewed from that perspective, how can there be any urgency attached to finding your purpose? As if the acts of being and loving and enjoying and failing were not in and of themselves already your purpose.

As if the experience of standing quietly on a wind-swept hill feeling the sea air on your face and breathing in the beauty of aliveness were not already your purpose.

As if sitting with a purring cat on your lap while you get lost in a good book is not already your purpose.

Once you stop seeking your purpose, it will become clearer than you ever imagined possible: the purpose you seek has been with you since the moment you were born. It has been whispering sweet nothings in your ear, leading you on adventures that light your heart, offering you opportunities for expansion and growth, and gently, gently encouraging you to embrace it. It is more than part of you, it is ALL of you, the multidimensional, creative, powerful, beautiful, dynamic, incredible you that exists as an aspect of Source itself.

Your purpose is in the way you express your passion for life and the way you hold your head when you speak to someone you love. It is in the way you cry when you see acts of kindness and in the clothes you wear. It is in the sound of your voice and the frustration you feel in traffic jams. It is in your heart, your soul, your spirit and your body. You are not seeking it, you ARE it.

There is so much external ‘chatter’ in this world, telling us what makes a person good or how we can become better. There are so many ways we could be shamed and judged for making poor choices or wrong decisions. Why do we spend so much time thinking about these things when we could be expressing our hearts and souls in the ways that align with our own inner knowing?

The externals are distractions from your purpose. They lull you into a false sense of connection and security that only exists in the fear-based reality of third-dimensional thinking. Turn your brilliant mind instead to the knowledge that true security exists in you BEing your purpose. True connection exists in claiming your YOUness and living it out loud.

The idea that a normal (way of being) exists is a fallacy, designed to keep us from this inherent knowledge of ourselves as whole. As we detach and release from these ingrained ideas of right and wrong, good and bad, we can simply BE, and in doing so, find the way to the joy, freedom and peace that are the endowment of our divinity.

The search for your purpose can distract you from the finding of it, if you continue to believe it can be defined or bestowed from without. A purpose does not have to be lofty and ambitious, or even designed to move you from here to there. A purpose does not have to be rooted in altruism or philanthropy, or have a goal to heal the world. A purpose is at its root a reason for being.

There is no better reason for being, than you.

Big Love,
~ Jenny

Jenny Griffin is an intuitive messenger, Earth Goddess and mystic at The Power of Change. Her fascination with catharsis and its transformative power has led her on some incredible adventures through a wide array of experiences with diverse people all over the world. Her work can be found in numerous publications and collaborative projects. Jenny’s first book, Domestication of the Spirit, is out for publication. You can also connect with Jenny and say hi at her personal Twitter or Facebook hubs.

How do you feel about the above? Any thoughts feel free to share!

Showing 51 comments
  • Mike

Wow, magnificent! Thanks Jenny

• Fiona

This is so beautiful, feeling very warm after reading it. Sharing. Much love, Fiona

• Sammy

Thanks so much Jenny, love this! Sx

• Jennifer

Big heart opener!

• Jenny

Thank you, Jennifer. That is a beautiful gift you’ve given me, receiving the words with your heart.

• Jeff

Real, beautiful, true. Something everyone should read. Thanks for sharing!

• Jenny

Thank you, Jeff! I’m delighted it felt true and beautiful to you.

• Anna

Love love love this!!

• Sylvia

So grateful for this. Big love <3

• Jenny

Thank you, Sylvia! Your gratitude lights my heart. Big Love to you!

• JJ

Excellent. Such great points. Think I’ll enjoy a re-read of this! Blessings JJ

• Jenny

Thank you, JJ! I appreciate your comment and am very glad you enjoyed it.

• Elaine

Thanks Jenny, so wise. Such a treat to read this.
    Big thanks xo

• Jenny

Thank you, Elaine! It was a treat to write it and share it here.

• Reni

GREAT ARTICLE. THANK YOU. “PURPOSE-WHAT PURPOSE”?

• Jenny

Thank you for your comment, Reni!

• Ian McCubbin

Wow very clear and simple, can stop looking now and just enjoy yoga, meditation chores and not feel I need a purpose in retirement.

• Jenny

Thank you for your comment, Ian! The more you you are, the more you light up the world with your presence. No need to ‘do’ anything in the old sense of the world. Your contribution is your aliveness.

• Melinda

Absolutely stunning, thanks

• Jenny

Wow. Thank you, Melinda! I will receive that with an open heart and celebrate it.

• Sue

I think we all have different gifts, and passions , etc. which can be part of our purpose in that sense, but so great you address this as it rarely ever is addressed. Wonderful article!

• Jenny

Thank you for your comment, Sue! I love your addition to the topic.

• Richard

Thanks Jenny!

• Jenny

Thank you, Richard! And you’re welcome!

• Janet

This certainly has got me pondering. I feel lighter.

• Jenny

Yay! Feeling lighter rocks. Thank you, Janet!

• Michelle

I think it’s both, we may have a purpose in that there are specific focuses our soul would like us to explore, but that obviously our whole life is our purpose too. Lovely share, thank you!

• Jenny

Thank you, Michelle! It felt to me as I was writing that the main message was that the focus of your soul points you to your wholeness, and in embracing your YOUness, you are in such alignment that the beingness becomes the joy of the purpose.

• Tobias M

THANKS JENNY!

• Jenny

You’re welcome!! Thank YOU!

• Ingrid

perfect !! :o)

• Robin Be

Beautifully expressed, Jenny, and so true. Much Love and Thank You for writing this!

• Jenny

Thank you so much, Robin! Much love to you, and thank you for reading it!

• Laura

Wow, I really needed this today! The universe works in mysterious ways! Thank you!

• Jenny

Yay! Divine Timing is the best :) Thank you for your comment, Laura!

• Janice

The monkey fell off my back! Don’t have to ride ‘l need to find my purpose in life’ anymore. I AM IT. So I be.

• Jenny

Yup, so you be. Good bye and good riddance, monkey! Thank you for the laugh and the comment, Janice!

• Sheila

Ahh So! That was wonderful!
    Thanks for the pearls Jenny!

• Jenny

I love pearls! Thank you for your beautiful words, Sheila!

• saundra

After all that it is our unique individual energy thats needed our just being alive is enough.How wonderful to come to this realization it takes all the pressure off and just allows us to be.Thank you so much for this gift of freedom.
    Kind regards
    Saundra

• Jenny

Yes, the freedom to BE is what we’ve been seeking all along, apparently. Breathe a sigh of relief and embrace your YOUness. What a gift you are to the world! Thank you for your comment, Saundra!

• Jessie

Thank you very much. :)

The way you express the YOUness in all of us, really helped me understand want self-expression truly means.

• Jenny

Thank you, Jessie. I feel humbled by your comment, and so grateful I was able to express the message clearly. Thank you.

• Moira

Just the inspiration I need. Words to live by

• Jenny

Thank you so much, Moira! I’m so happy you felt inspired by the words. My heart feels light!

• Anonymous

thanku for the beautiful mes,thankusage.i used 2 feel less than becaues i couldn’t work outside the home,but looking back,what a gift 2 b able 2 stay home & bring up 3 great kids,& now i can help with my grandkids,what a blessing

• Jenny

Thank you, Libs, for your lovely comment. I’m so glad the words came at the right time! I love it when that happens :)

• Jenny

Thank you, Gillian! That is a beautiful compliment. I am very grateful.