By Ksenia Avdulova of Breakfast Criminals
Breakfast Criminals is all about starting your day with a delicious nourishing breakfast prepared with love, and with hundreds of recipes on my Instagram and an ebook that has the best of them, it’s no wonder that I often get the question: “So, what’s your favorite breakfast?” Those change from season to season, and are often inspired by new travel destinations and new friends. But some things never change… like the Dragonfruity Oats & Chia Bowl.
A delicious combination of enzyme rich creamy soaked oats, thick omega-filled chia seeds, exotically beautiful and vitamin-packed dragonfruit, zesty digestion-boosing ginger and lemon, Dragonfruity Oats & Chia Bowl.
DRAGONFRUITY OATS & CHIA BOWL RECIPE (makes 2 bowls)
- 1/2 cup oats
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds (buy in bulk to save, I recommend “Frontier Coop brand)
- 1 cup almond milk
- frozen banana
- Pitaya Plus frozen dragonfruit smoothie pack (or fresh dragonfruit). If you don’t have it, you can try using frozen berries or frozen açaí smoothie packs.
- 1 inch grated ginger
- 1 slice unpeeled lemon
- fresh berries and/or pomegranate seeds to garnish
- 2 tablespoons coconut chips (I recommend Dang, you can find them at Whole Foods)
- 1/3 cup granola or trail mix (I recommend LPQ Caravan Mix)
- optional: add 1/2 cup of dark leafy greens (kale or spinach) to the blending stage for added alkaline effect and a rich dark purple color
- optional: drizzle of almond butter
- optional: drizzle of bee pollen
- Soak 1/2 cup oats and 3 tbs chia seeds overnight in 1 cup almond milk.
- In the morning, blend with frozen banana, frozen pitaya pack, 1 inch grated ginger, 1 slice unpeeled lemon.
- Top with fresh berries, coconut chips and granola (make your own Chocolate Brazil Nut Granola) or Le Pain Quotidien Crunola raw buckwheat granola.
- Enjoy with love! Cooking with love and serving your meals in the heart bowl make everything extra delicious 🙂
Breakfast Criminals is a movement that stemmed from Ksenia Avdulova’s personal passion for delicious breakfasts and superfood living. An avid meditator, certified Strala yoga guide, Ksenia is on a mission to inspire everyone to start their day with love, one acai bowl at a time. Breakfast Criminals retreats, workshops and recipes have been featured by Harper’s Bazaar, Cameron Diaz’ The Body Book, Shape, Self Magazine, Well+Good, Refinery29 and MindBodyGreen. Connect with Ksenia on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest. www.BreakfastCriminals.com