Baths can be so much more than a soak in water. They can be beautiful restorative rituals to bless your mind, heart and soul as much as your body. They are also great ways to receive the healing properties of nature – with essential oils, herbs, flowers, crystals, etc.
Here’s a very simple love bath recipe as an example you can enjoy, alone or with a partner.
- 1 cup Epsom Salts, OR 1 cup Pink Himalayan Salt, OR half a cup of each.
- 5 drops Rose Essential Oil.
- 3 drops Ylang Ylang Essential Oil.
- A handful of dried rose petals
- A handful of fresh rose petals (or your preferred choice of flower)
- [Optional] Rose quartz crystals. If you have any, place small polished rose quartz pebbles in the bath, and any rough rose quartz crystals outside/around the bath.
- [Optional] 3 Tbls/a big splash of Hawthorn Berry Tincture. The Hawthorn tree has long been revered as a tree of love. Its tincture is known to have heart health properties physically, and emotionally/energetically it’s believed to open the heart to love.
- Candles lit in your bathroom.
- Heart-nourishing music.
- If you want a stronger fragrance, you can add a few more drops of the essential oils, just do so gradually so you can gauge.
- Add the salt, essential oils, tincture (optional), and dried flowers to your bath and swish about to stir in.
- Add small rose quartz pebbles if you have (optional), and fresh flower petals at the end to float on the surface.
- Decorate the bathroom with candles and flowers as desired.
- When you enter your bath, begin with some moments/a meditation connecting to your heart and the love you have for yourself/others/nature/your partner , etc., and send this loving energy into the water. Imagine it flowing from your heart into the water as a light or energy, or down your arms and out through your hands into the water.
- Then enjoy a beautiful soak in your blessed love-infused bath! Allow yourself to fully relax and allow in the beautiful energies, fragrances, feelings, etc.