By Rae (Reapublic.com)[* Feel free to add whatever your fave veggies to personalize this dish further].
Easy, vegan tikka masala that is amazing on its own or paired with your favorite rice or naan. For this plant-based recipe I used potatoes instead of the ‘usual’ chicken, because who doesn’t like potatoes!?
- 4 cups yukon gold potatoes, washed + cubed
- 1 medium white onion, diced + 3/4 cup water
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 inch piece of ginger, peeled + grated
- 1 14.5 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, loosely packed
- 1 13.5 ounce can coconut milk (full fat)
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- freshly chopped cilantro (for garnish)
- Add 3/4 cup water, onion, garlic and ginger to large pot and sauté until onions are semi-translucent and water has cooked off.
- Pour contents of the pan into a blender or food processor along with the coconut milk, tomatoes, bell pepper and 1/2 cup cilantro.
- Blend on high until creamy.
- Pour back into pot and add in all remaining ingredients.
- Turn down to a simmer and let cook with lid on for 10 – 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Take off lid, and continue to simmer for an additional 10 – 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Enjoy with your favorite rice or naan.
Rae: I research, create, and share delightful plant-based recipes for a healthier, happier you! I decided to fully embrace a vegan lifestyle to also contribute to my emotional and spiritual well-being. I can’t stomach the thought of causing any creature pain or suffering that is even remotely close to what I have been through in life.
If you like what you’re reading, join our free newsletter at Raepublic. You’ll receive fresh, easy plant-based recipes right to your inbox, along with blog posts related to health and wellness and maybe even a fitness tip here and there! Make sure to also follow me on your favorite social media platform including: Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and Pinterest!