By Becs, the Kind Veggie
2 small cups of rice, soaked in water for 30 mins and then drained
2.5 small cups of water (use the same cup as the rice measuring)
The rest of the recipe
1/2 a red capsicum, finely diced
1/2 a zucchini, finely diced
4 large cloves of garlic, minced
1 green spring onion tube, finely diced
2 large cups of combined diced carrot, peas, beans and broccoli florets
3/4 cup of raw natural cashew nuts
2 TBS tamari
1 tsp chilli flakes
Vegan sweet soy sauce
- 1. Place the soaked and drained rice + the water measurements into a rice cooker and switch it on to cook (will take approx 20 minutes)
- 2. Fry off the garlic and spring onion. Once cooked set aside in a large plastic bowl
- 3. Fry off the pepper, zucchini, frozen vegetables and add to the plastic bowl
- 4. Add the cooked rice to the fry pan and fry off for approx 5 – 8 minutes. Whilst the rice is crisping up add the tamari and chilli flakes an mix through
- 5. Remove the rice from the fry pan and transfer to the bowl of vegetables. Add the cashew nuts and mix through
- 6. Cook the vegetable gyozas however you prefer and until tender (I like to steam mine for 8 mins)
- 7. Serve the gyozas on top of the fried rice and drizzle with vegan sweet soy sauce
- 8. Enjoy!
I’m Bec – wife, mama and passionate vegan. I’m 28 years young, wife to an amazing man, mother to a beautiful little girl and lover of all things Bali, the sun and surf.
I believe in good easy food, happiness and unfiltered thoughts which is why I created the kind veggie. I’ve been craving a creative outlet for a while now and with veganism and mindfulness being my passions the kind veggie was born.
Regardless of who you are or what your beliefs are I strongly believe that it can never hurt to try and live life a little slower + kinder.
Love always, Bec.